Sunday, August 31, 2014

Blog Post 2

What will teaching in the 21st century be like?

1. Mr. Dancealot
The central message of the video Professor Dancealot, is none of the students know how to do any of the dances at the end during the final because they weren't able to practice all of the dances correctly. At the end of the video the teacher makes his case expecting the students to know the moves and proper foot work to each of the dances. That isn't fair because the hole time the teacher was teaching the correct footwork he was behind the desk. Therefore, I do not agree with the conclusion. I feel that students do better when they interact in class, or practice with the teacher to learn how to do the moves right.


2. Teaching in the 21st Century
Robert explains how much easier it is to be a student now, rather than 10 years ago. He believes you must know how to work technology to answer many of your questions or to keep up with society. I also believe that is very strongly true. He also states that "teachers are not the source of knowledge." I feel that he is saying if the teacher dose not explain well enough or the student wasn't sure what the teacher was asking they would simply use Google, Yahoo, or Bing to search to help them figure out the problem. I think technology is todays new and improved way of learning for many children.


3. The Network Student
I feel that in The Network Student video, there are several good point made. For instance, the web is a powerful tool for learning in the 21st century. I like how you can see other peoples research and can swap information about the topic. I believe everything is true about why even the Network Student needs a teacher. You have to start to learn somewhere. Also, how to know what is true information and what is false information given out online.


4. Harness your Students' Digital Smarts
Mrs. Davis thesis is great and her way of teaching and is the type of teacher I want to be. She teaches, but also lets the students teach her as well. I like how she doesn't explain everything to her students, as she has them look up whatever they aren't aware of online. It is good that the students from such a small town are able to interact from other students around the world.


5. Whose Ahead in the Race?
Watching the Video was very interesting and informative. Being a junior in college, I know how to do about half of the stuff that the Gulf Shores elementary students were doing. I don't feel that every elementary school students know how to do all that the video showed. It is great that the students are getting the opportunity to start so young to learn the technology. I hope more students can take advantage of this wonderful experience.

6. Bringing the Locker Room into the Classroom
Coaching in the classroom is a great way to get students to motivate and teach each other. The educator, Owens, learned quickly in girls basketball locker room, before a game, that the girls engaged participation and collaboration helped them problem solve, how to win the game. T his leads me that in my classroom I shouldn't always be the center of attention. I should allow my students the opportunity to share their ideas and thoughts with the rest of the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure and check to see you did your ALT and title modifiers correctly for your picture. When I run my mouse over the picture a "source" title is not showing up. Also, remember to add in links to the articles and videos you are blogging about. Overall, good post :)

    ReplyDelete