Monday, October 6, 2014

Blog Post #7


I am very good with an iPad, I think it helps a lot because I use an iPhone. A weakness is I don't know how to use a Mac computer to its fullest. I need to be able to make movies or videos better and learn to edit and use them more. Technology is my biggest worry when it comes to being ready to teach students. I want to be confident when a student ask me any kind of question about their iPad or whatever electronic device they are using.

You can never learn less; you can only learn more


How to make an audio QR Code
I had no idea how easy it was to make a QR code till I saw this video on YouTube. I could defiantly see myself using this in my classes. A good plus side about the QR code is that it seems fairly easy to work and manage because it saves as a URL. I like how you can have this done ahead of time and in your own voice.

iPad Reading Center
I think this is a great new way of teaching and learning how to read. It's good for the students to be able to hear themselves read and hear how they're pronouncing they words out loud. I think it would be really good if some of the student were having trouble reading the words they could watch another kids video and follow along with the words. Other than that this idea is very smart and seems to be working very well.

Poplet with Ginger Tuck
This is a great way to get kids to enjoy reading more. Also, it is a great start for kids to understand how to summarize about books,. It'll be good for them to start young. I like how they can help each other while taking picture and notice the adjustment they have to make with the brightness of the lightning.

Alabama Virtual Library as a Kindergarten Center
I think this is great again because it saves paper and trees. Also, I like that they are starting students so young with Alabama Virtual Library. I have used Alabama Virtual Library all the way through my high school days. I had no idea they were starting so young, but that is a great thing.

Mrs.Tassin 2nd grade students share Board Builder Project
I have never heard of a Board Builder Project before. To me this seems like a poster board project but online. I like how everything is going online and saving paper and our trees. This is a great idea, because you can make it as simple as you want it or it can be very detailed as you want it.


Have You Learned Something Today?
 

1 comment: